Friday, February 16, 2007

Miami Beach, Gold Coast

So, I lived with David for the last couple of months in Australia and it was just lovely. We had the best time sharing the pad. He lives in a little beach house with his sister Kate and her gf Lisa, that's just three houses from the beach. We woke up in the mornings for a swim before work and after work. At night as I was falling asleep I was lulled by the sound of the waves and sometimes woken up by the crashing tide. One morning I took a few pics of the neighbourhood so I could remember how much I loved living here, and so you could see a reason that I loved living here.



This is the hill at North Burleigh. As a workout, some mornings I would climb up the stairs and run down the hill on the other side and then sprint back up the hill and run down the stairs. Nice views for a workout...



This is the view from the hill south towards Burleigh Heads - a popular surf spot and where I got my tattoo.



Another view from the hill. That's the Shark Bar (the local pub) where the umbrellas are at the bottom of the hill. In the distance, you can see the mountain range that is basically Springbrook National Park. The big ridge to the right is where the 'Best of All Lookouts' sits. And the peak in the middle is Mt. Warning which we climbed before Christmas. I've posted photos in this blog. Its just stunning. You almost forget when you're surrounded by it everyday. In this respect, Gold Coasters are lucky... that and the surf...



This is Miami Beach. I swam here nearly everyday. Sometimes twice a day. Sometimes three times a day. David taught me to surf here. I'll never forget it, as well as a few night swims...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home