Sunday, November 12, 2006

melbourne cup 2006





The dress. I bought it in Toronto but have only worn it once. Such a shame...








Okay so I have to skip the Halloween post for now because I still don't have all the photos from that night. Rather than get behind in my blogging, I'm deciding to chug ahead with my Melbourne Cup 2006 Race Day installation.



Me and my mate Blain from work who invited me. He's rad! (He told me to say that)











I think maybe Amy's horse won. Not sure...




It started off with a mad rush. Choose the dress, get the flowers for the hair, get a cab and race to the Gold Coast Turf Club only to find a mass of people and I couldn't hear Blain's directions from mobile to mobile because it was so damn loud. I made out that he and his crew were on the lawn so I just wandered around for a bit and I eventually found them. I knew I'd be able to spot him because it'd happened many times before... Splendour, Valley Feista... and now added to the list Melbourne Cup...

We had a grand time. I didn't bet but that means I won since I didn't lose!





Continuing the party elsewhere.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home