Sunday, November 05, 2006

pumpkins pumpkins pumpkins (say it three times!)

Way back, on January 20th, after Greta picked me up from the train station, after flying in from Christchurch, New Zealand, she sat me on our new balcony with a glass of wine and take away sushi, and said, “So, we are going to have the best Halloween party this year.” And I laughed and said, “I don’t even want to think about it, that’s so far away.” Well, now its come and gone – momentously. Just before I sliced my finger.


Sharon having too much fun.

Me and G looking exhausted.

There were weeks of planning. I think it started back in September with statements like, ‘Halloween is only 5 weeks away.” But in the weeks leading up to the big event there were many preparations for the house, the pumpkins and most importantly the costumes. I still don’t have all the photos from the actual party but I am posting the pre-pre-pumpkin carving party that happened two days before. It worked out well considering we didn't find proper carving pumpkins until the day of. I had already bought a large butternut squash thinking this might be all there would be with which to create jack-o-lanterns.



Sharon the pumpkin head.

I ended up slicing my index finger and getting real blood on my pumpkin so it was a serious hardcore Halloween art installation. And the Aussies enjoyed it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home