Thursday, August 31, 2006

August 23rd...

August 23rd…

Slept in for once and relaxed all day long – did yoga, read book & magazines, swam, and sunbathed. Until about 4pm, when I signed up for a sunset kayak trip. We headed down to Cape Trib beach and the sky turned all kinds of beautiful colours as the sun set behind the mountains. There was still a lot of light in the sky when we spotted two whales! And I don’t just mean spouting and swimming – they were really playing – breaching way up into the air and splashing down. They were at a distance but we could see everything plainly. It was breathtaking. And just when it I thought it couldn’t get better, I heard a commotion next to my kayak and a big sea turtle had come up for air. It was incredible. Too bad Ken didn’t come with me. Only got a picture of the sunset sky but it didn’t turn out very good. I’ll remember it in my minds eye… on my last night in the Daintree.
Ken and I had another great dinner at the Dragonfly and then we ended up drinking again with the English blokes. But called it an earlier night because we were checking out together the next day to head for Cairns and some wakeboarding…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home